IEEE ISCIT Workshop on Big Data 2018
Date : 26 – 29, September, 2018
Location : Sukosol Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand
Submission Deadline : June 30, 2018
Paper acceptance notification : July 20, 2018
Author registration Camera-ready paper submission : July 31, 2018
1. Summary and Scope
Big data is characterized as “4-V”, namely “Volume”, “Variety”, “Velocity” and “Veracity”. “4-V” implies the features of extremely high data volume, distinguished data formats, fast paced data streaming as well as buried data value. In recent years, big data is continuously enhancing its power in a wide range of applications and has been pushed to the forefront in both the academicals and the industry.
Big data technique has generated a huge societal impact in a wide range of applications such as telecom operation, Internet of Things, network optimization, transportation management, computer vision, and business process improvement. Moreover, with the assist of artificial intelligent, big data enables to uncover more fine-grained or complex patterns and make more timely and accurate predictions than ever before, e.g. for sales, marketing and tailor-made advertising applications for customers.
IEEE ISCIT Workshop on Big Data will focus on brand-new research results and shared recent advances in this research area. We solicit original contributions that have a strong emphasis on big data analytics and applications. This workshop welcomes the participation of the industry to showcase and commercialize their relevant technology and application as well as products. Scientists, engineers, and students are encouraged to get involved.
The list of possible topics includes, but is not limited to:
- Big data system architecture and system performance analysis (Hadoop/Spark/Flink etc.)
- Big data software, system implementation, management tools, ETL
- Big data based network planning and optimization
- Big data analysis of network performance analysis
- Big data assisted telecom operation
- Big data based 5G networks
- Data-driven social network analysis
- Big data on economy, business models, marketing strategy
- Big data on transportation (transportation design, routing planning, parking etc.)
- Data analytics in manufacturing and logistics processes
- Industrial analysis and mining applications via machine learning methods
2. Submission Guidelines
Authors should prepare their manuscripts according to the "Authors" guidelines at IEEE ISCIT2018 website http://iscit2018.org/authors/
Papers should be written in English. Submitted papers must be original work, and may not be under consideration for another publication.
All papers will be peer-reviewed following a regular reviewing procedure. Each submission should clearly demonstrate evidence of benefits to society or large communities. Originality and impact on society, in combination with a focus on industrial logistics and manufacturing processes and innovative methodological and mathematical aspects of the proposed solutions will be the major evaluation criteria.
Papers, which are accepted and presented at the symposium, will be published in the IEEE ISCIT2018 conference proceedings and submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore.
3. Deadline and the Review Process
- The deadline for submitting manuscripts is 30 June 2018.
- Paper acceptance notification will be sent to authors on 20 July, 2018.
- Author registration Camera-ready paper submission deadline is 31 July, 2018.
4. Workshop Committee
- Prof. Xinzhou Cheng, Professor, China Unicom & Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China, email@example.com
- Dr. Lexi Xu, Senior Engineer, China Unicom, China, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Yue Cao, Senior Lecturer, Northumbria University, UK, email@example.com
- Ms. Kun Chao, Senior Engineer, China Unicom, China, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Heng Zhang, Senior Engineer, China Unicom, China, email@example.com